Summoning the Night - Jenn Bennett Summoning the Night is a fantastic UF followup to [[ASIN:B004G8QSEE Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell)]]. I loved this book for so many reasons, but here are just a few:

1) The mystery that Summoning was centered around was great, with enough twists and turns to keep me interested and invested. This mystery brought back characters from the first book but it also allowed the introduction of new characters that will have an effect, I'm sure, on Lon and Cady in future novels.

2) It was great to witness the continuation of Cady, Lon and Jupe becoming a family and the insight given into how each member is affected by the new dynamics. The scenes that demonstrated their growth, trust and love for one another...very touching. Best and most realistic interactions I have seen in any novel.

3) Every character in the book seems real. I especially love that Lon can experience impatience, embarrassment, fear and confusion and it doesn't take anything away from him, except to make him more lovable. Who said our H's had to be perfect and that any mistake they made would need to be attributed to a "tragic flaw" that is so often attached to leading males in novels. Real men experience real emotions and it was wonderful to see it written here.

4) Lon is protective and possessive of Cady without stealing or stifling her independence. In fact he appreciates her skill sets and has no problem following her lead or deferring to her when the situation calls for it. Now, because I like a jealous, possessive H I am ready to see more of this from Lon in the next book.

5) I love Cady and Lon together but Jupe absolutely steals the show. I have never seen a child/teen character written so well. Ever! Jupe is funny, smart, lovable and as a reader you don't skim over his parts or become impatient because he is in a scene. In fact, he makes every scene that he is in funny and entertaining.

Summoning provides enough mystery to push the story along but it is also interspersed with wonderful character relations which enabled me to relate to and love Cady, Lon and Jupe together and separately.

Jenn Bennett has begun an excellent series with awesome and realistic characters. I like that this book ended with a complete wrap up of the mystery that was introduced but it also laid the groundwork for a new difficulty that Cady will have to face. I cannot wait to read the next installment!