Binding the Shadows - Jenn Bennett AMAZING! Binding was the best book in the series by far. This series is strong and, thankfully, getting stronger. I love Jenn Bennett, she is definitely one of my favorite authors. Binding is character driven, as always, with a side of action. Lon is swoon worthy...possessive and protective as fuck but never stifling and never controlling. He has mad respect for Cady and always treats her as an equal. Jupe is just as adorable as in previous books. I love Cady, Lon and Jupe together. They blend so well. Great dialogue, great writing, great story, great series. Jenn Bennett kicks ass!

The world building in this series is incredible. The way that the characters are written is so realistic that there isn't a false step. Cady is written in such a way that it is easy to relate to her. She's strong, yet vulnerable, and I love watching as she begins to truly believe that she is part of a family. I love how protective Lon is. He has been written with balance and subtlety. His love and affection for his family is obvious but isn't demonstrated in an overly excessive way. Everything from his looks of concern to his moments of impatience strikes the perfect cord.

Jupe is still the best written kid in any book that I have ever read. Hands down, the best. This series could not exist without him being prominently featured.

I am excited to see what comes next!