Gemini - Penelope Ward This book was an okay read. Unfortunately it read like so many other NA books. Instead of action, you know the characters doing something, there is waaaay too much internal dialogue. Repetitive internal dialogue. And their internal dialogue didn't "match" their ages. He's 34 and she is almost 30 but they read like they were in their early 20's. The H sounded so much like a girl at times. His inner ramblings sounded incredibly insecure and he obsessed to the point of annoyance.

The writing switched between past and present tense, sometimes in the same sentence, definitely in the same paragraph. The h was sugary sweet, sometimes too much so. When the H interacted with other women the dialogue from these women came across as stiff, unnatural and unbelievable.

I really wanted more from the book. It started off well enough and when the h began working with people with special needs some of those interactions were good. The ending of the book was good but overall I was disappointed. There was enough here to make a really good book but the reliance of telling and not showing and the excessive inner monologues blew it for me.