The Mane Event - Shelly Laurenston The Mane Event is actually 2 stories in one. While reading the first book, Christmas Pride, I thought the humor was a little too much. It was as if the author was trying a little too hard. I also didn't really connect to the H and h and their burgeoning relationship seemed fast and forced. About midway through I began to enjoy them more and the humor began to connect with me better. By the end I was read to move onto story 2...

Shaw's Tail was a much much much better read for me. The humor was a bit more low key and I found myself smiling and laughing quite a bit. I also connected to Brendon Shaw quite a bit and I loved his relationship with his family and definitely with Rhonda Lee. Shaw was possessive and aggressive and I believed his attraction and connection to Ronnie. I liked the side story with his family and I definitely hope to see Mitch again, perhaps with Sissy Mae when he goes to retrieve his leather jacket.

4 stars over all. Shelly Laurenston has impressed me once again with fantastic humor and h's that are not demure, innocent or timid. I love that she writes assertive h's that curse, drink and fuck without apology or shame.